Friday 20 July 2012

Friday I-Wish-I-Were-There (Sydney, Australia)


Welcome to my Friday I-Wish-I-Were-There Blog.

Today I’m going to Sydney, Australia—a vibrant and exciting city with some world famous landmarks. My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway for our 16th Wedding Anniversary.

Highlights:
Hop on Hop off double decker bus tour. We saw most of the main sights of Sydney (after we’d finally managed to get on the correct bus!) including the Opera House, Sydney Harbour and the Harbour bridge. The weather was atrocious (hence the ‘Oompa-Loompa’ rain ponchos) but we had fun.


The Opera House. This is a stunning peace of architecture and it was fascinating being able to walk around the grounds and see it close up.


The Sydney Harbour Bridge. If the weather had’ve been nicer you would’ve found me being adventurous and climbing to the top of the span…maybe. Another icon to see close up that was cool to tick off my bucket list.


The Shows. We got tickets to see the musical ‘Fame’. It was an amazing show and I loved every second of it. Of course we had to get up and boogie with the rest of the audience once the theme song was played at the end!


Shopping. From Paddy’s market to Pitt Street mall, there’s something for everyone. Walked halfway around Sydney trying to find a certain type of ‘in’ stationary (Smiggle) for my daughter, only to find there was an outlet about a 2 minute walk from our hotel room…

Next time we visit this bustling and colourful city, I’m hoping we see a little more sunshine!

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment