Wednesday 13 June 2012

Someone tell me a story


What are your favorite ‘types’ of stories? What kind back cover blurb or front cover tagline will have you reaching for your wallet before you’ve even opened the book to the first page?


Here are a few of my gotta-have story lines:


Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic:
If the end of the world’s coming with a giant tsunami or a plague or a moaning herd of zombies, I’m in. Especially if there’s a kick-ass heroine and a sexy as hell hero…last two people on earth type of thing. Love it.


Heroine/Hero trapped together:
Whether they’re shipwrecked on a desert island or trapped in a cabin during the worst blizzard in modern history, I wanna be right there with them watching them duke it out.


All in the family:
Someone once said, “Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.” I love books and especially series with quirky characters, so many skeletons in the closet that it’s like a crazy-ass boneyard and you just know that the hero’s brother and the heroine’s BFF are going to spark off each other in the next book of the series.


On the run:
Hero and heroine must flee something/someone (preferably a diabolical villain) and travel on cross country adventures where they are forced into close proximity and there’s always an undertone of rampant paranoia of the villain closing in.
Right. Must get my nose out of a book and get some writing done! 


Tracey


What I’m reading this week: City of Bones – Cassandra Clare. Great urban fantasy and addictively easy to read. And at the same time (on my Kindle) I’m halfway through Gracie O’Neil’s debut novel, “Touching Shadows.” It’s a rollercoaster of a ride and I can’t put it down – I just about leapt a foot in the air when someone tapped me on the shoulder the other day while reading it – I was so engrossed!


What I’m watching this week: Enchanted. Still one of my favorite movies, ever. Patrick Dempsey and Amy Adams are so cute together.


This week’s favorite quote: From a tee-shirt: You're a great friend but if the zombies chase us, I'm tripping you.


Hot guy of the week: Tom Brady from the Stetson adverts. Who wouldn’t want to go on a cross-country adventure with this guy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment