Wednesday 23 May 2012

A Pollyanna Day


This week I introduced my eleven-year-old daughter to Disney’s classic movie, ‘Pollyanna’. It’s been years since I first watched it, but I was still sentimental enough to shed a few tears at the end. Pollyanna’s ‘Glad Game’ is commendable, especially as it’s so easy to take life for granted when you get caught up in everyday busyness. I thought about the Glad Game today and here’s a short list of my ‘Glads’.

I can be glad I have too many books on my shelves, when I think about countries where books are a luxury most can’t afford.

I can be glad the roses in my garden are still blooming, even though winter is only weeks away.

I can be glad my daughter has the opportunity to learn the piano, when I get pleasure from hearing her practise.

I can be glad I’m healthy and that my family is healthy, when I see a friend fighting cancer.

And lastly, I can be glad two beautiful doves have decided to make a home on our roof and that each morning they’re reminders of two important ideals in my life: peace and hope.

Tracey.

No comments:

Post a Comment