Friday 25 May 2012

Friday I-Wish-I-Were-There (Queenstown, NZ)


Welcome to my Friday I-Wish-I-Were-There Blog.
Today I’m taking you south of my home-city, Wellington, to Queenstown, in the South Island of New Zealand. Queenstown is one of New Zealand’s most picturesque tourist meccas. Surrounded by snowcapped mountain ranges and on the shores of Lake Wakatipu, the scenery is enough to make you forget to breathe.




Queenstown Highlights:
Ice-skating with my husband and kids. Despite my innate un-coordination, I didn’t fall on my butt, so that's a bonus.
Queenstown Gondola. Spectacular views over Queenstown going up the incredibly steep Gondola ride and from the top viewing platforms. I've probably seen the view a hundred times in magazines/postcards etc, but the real thing is absolutely stunning.
Bungee jumping. Four words for you, my friend: I. Don’t. Think. So.


Para-gliding. See above about bungee jumping.
Shopping. Ahhhhh. My body shape is much more suited for this activity.
Coronet Peak ski fields. They weren’t open for the season when we went, but the view from up there was just unbelievably beautiful. It’s incredible to watch the full moon come up over the mountains!



Maybe some day I’ll set a book in Queenstown—perhaps with a devilishly handsome bungee jumper? I’ll keep you posted...
Have a great weekend, everyone!

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment